Wednesday, March 5, 2008

God bless Edith Macefield!


Edith was featured in the P-I as a brave holdout against the idiot gold-rush herd developers of Ballard.  Here's her house recently:


Edith's car is especially Old Ballard. 


Once an affordable neighborhood, Ballard is now a glut of cheaply-made, overpriced condos, filled with the most horrid yuppies, all leveraged with zero-down I/O ARMs.  They are the antithesis of the old-world charm and true grit of our Edith.

You hang in there, Edith!  At the end of the day, you will still have your home.  The yuppies will be REO'd and filing chapter 7, this mixed-use commercial project will fail, and the developer will be living in his F-350 here.

If he can make the payments, that is! 

1 comment:

ballardbullshit said...

Well well Christian--
My name is Richard Andrews and I've been working on a documentary about Edith for three years now. I am the only person who has her on film, and it will shortly enter the edit phase. I wrote an obituary for her on my blog--ballardbullshit.blogspot.com, why don't you go take a look. I also write Ballard's only newsletter, appropriately named "Ballard Bullshit." At any rate, I loved your comments, keep up the good work.-----Richard