Thursday, September 6, 2012

Charts 9-06: Almost there

OK, so I'm a broken record now, looking for 1440 next week.

A lot of E-W people count the 2008 crash in 5 waves, but I've always seen it as A-B-C (see the 5Y chart).  As the target of B up of A down, 1440 is a magnet for this entire B wave.

C down can go sub-200 SPX if it's a 1.618 fib extension of this rally.  But first we need to find our top.

Once we put in a top here, I'll be interested to see how fast we decline.  I can put us at SPX 1260 or 960 by the December FOMC, depending on how quickly things move.  In tonight's charts I show how to reach 960, which will include a central crash wave this fall.

If we are at 960 by the December FOMC, with the election behind us and the fiscal cliff ahead, the Fed will do something.  It will last us until February, when we hit the debt ceiling.

Everyone is secretly bearish, but no one proposes what a collapse may actually look like.  So I will.

S-T count and proposed fast drop
... builds into a serious event in October
3PDH suggests we bounce around 1310, up to the 1330s
Cannae, seen from the air




3 comments:

hettygreen said...

http://www.historyextra.com/blog/cannae-%E2%80%93-bloodiest-battle-history

Chilling reference.

And here I was thinking the first day of the Battle of the Somme (which for the British numbered almost half the US casualties in the entire Vietnam war) was tops in this category.

bmihogh said...

I wonder if the following numbering is 'valid' or not/worth a thought or not: 2011.02 as "3" of the pattern: 05 as "5" ... 2012.08 as "17'.

A pattern around the pattern would be a nice addition to follow for this great blog.

bmihogh said...

Oooops, sorry. I mean the 'three peaks and so on' numbering.